Saturday, November 22, 2008

A little excitement ...

Saturday, November 22, 2008 @ 3:36 AM

I went to bed at 1:00 AM. At approximately 2:45 AM, I was awakened by a loud noise. I got up and looked outside. There was a car in the front yard, and the telephone pole was cracked and leaning. At approximately 3:00 AM, I telephoned to the electric company to report the wreck, and that the cracked pole may be unsafe. Two or three police cars and a fire truck arrived. Approximately five minutes after I called, a truck from the power company arrived. Two men got out and worked on the pole, then left. The fire truck and two of the police cars left. The wrecked car is still in the front yard. I still have power. Will have to wait for daylight to see the full extent of the damage to the power pole. There is still one police car on scene, parked behind the wrecked car. The police car has emergency lights flashing, to warn approaching drivers of the obstruction. Although most of the wrecked car is in the yard, the two tires on the driver's side are on the roadway.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 @ 4:20 AM

A man is sweeping up debris from around the wrecked car. There is what appears to be a wrecker parked in front of it. The police car is still parked behind the wrecked car, in the lane of traffic nearest to the house. The man with the wrecker is in the process of dragging the wrecked car up on to the bed on the wrecker.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 @ 4:27 AM

The wrecker has just left, and the police cars are leaving, too. It appears that there are some debris in the front yard, which I, no doubt, will have to dispose of. I see that there are two police cars in the parking lot across the street. The wrecker has come back, is parked in the lot, also, and the driver is talking to one of the policemen. It looks as if things are winding down. I am going to go back to bed, and I hope that I will be able to get some sleep.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 @ 5:46 AM

I didn't really go to bed at 4:27 AM. Now, I'm really going to bed.

No comments: