Sunday, January 04, 2004

Here's what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis!

This morning, I caught a few minutes of an infomercial on television. It was advertising some type of weight loss and body building program by BeachBody.com, but that is not what is important. What is important is that seeing that commercial has motivated me to lose some weight and tone up in general.

Here's the deal: I'm six feet tall and of medium build, yet I weigh over 200 pounds, and I'm flabby. Ugh! That is too much! I don't know exactly how much I do weigh, because I don't own a scale. I will buy one, to keep track of my progress.

What this whole effort boils down to is will-power. If I have the will-power, then I'll be able to stick to a schedule that will ultimately change the "bad" habits of (1) eating too much of the wrong foods and not enough of the right foods and (2) not exercising, into the "good" habits of (1) eating the right foods (in the right quantities) and (2) adopting a life-long regimen of exercising.

This afternoon, I am going to the coin-operated laundry. While I am out, I will go to Wal-Mart and buy a scale. After I get back to the house, I'll weigh myself. Then, I will weigh myself every week to see what progress I've made toward my goal, which is a weight of 175 pounds at the end of ten weeks. I'll post my progress here.

No comments: