Monday, April 29, 2002

Today, I had an experience which I am not eager to repeat. This morning, my primary care physician, assisted by his nurse, performed a sigmoidoscopy, in his office. This afternoon, I had an upper GI series, with the added bonus of having my colon distended with air, while x-ray films were made. I went in to the doctor's office at nine o'clock, this morning, and got to work this afternoon at three-thirty. All in all, it was a grueling day; however, the preliminary reports are good. I should hear more from my primary care physician when the doctor in radiology files her report.

As an aside, I had to drink sixteen glasses of a liquid laxative, last night. I started at four-thirty in the afternoon and finished about ten o'clock. The stuff didn't taste too bad, at first, but, after several glasses, it became quite a chore to drink.

No comments: