Thursday, November 22, 2001

There are two things of note to report today. First, I took my Mom over to a friend's house for lunch. There were eleven people and four dogs there. There was my friend, Marilyn, her three sons (Duke, Jay, and Hudson), the boys' Father, Duke's girlfriend, Lynn, Jay's girlfriend, Jeanette, Marilyn's brother, John, and his wife, Susan, my Mom, and me. I don't know the dogs' names. We all had a great time! Marilyn deep-fried a turkey in peanut oil. There were mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, butter peas, dressing, green beans, and several pies. Susan had made a cheese pie. It is similar to cheesecake, but it has a denser consistency, and it was delicious!

Secondly, after we had gotten home, my brother, Bill, his wife Kathy, and their twins, Laura and Sara, came over to our Mother's house for dinner. We had a wonderful time, but, because the twins were tired, they left after a couple hours. However, they are coming back on Saturday, which is Bill's birthday. I understand that the day after Thanksgiving is generally regarded as the busiest shopping day of the year, and I'm going to have to brave it, to pick up a gift for my brother.

No comments: