Tuesday, October 02, 2001

On Monday, I oinked that I was "really, really sore!" Now, I'm really, really, really sore! I have mentioned the events of Sunday night last to several people. Several of them have been in automobile accidents and have experienced the "soreness thing." I've been told that, in all probability, some of the soreness is due to my body having been hurled with great force against the seatbelt I was wearing. I can live with that. IMHO, it's better to be sore from wearing a seatbelt to be dead from not wearing one. Or not.

Today was another day of (mostly) massive inaction on the part of the insurance company that I'm dealing with. At least the damage adjuster evaluated my car and the car of the person behind me, but the "nice lady" at the insurance company said that she's waiting for the police report. The phrase, "Hurry up and wait," has never had more meaning for me than it has had today.

Since the service station where I had the crumpled up car towed was doing me the favor of charging $15.00 per day storage, I'm having the car moved to the body shop at the dealership where it was purchased. At least they won't charge anything for the car being parked on their lot until this colossal insurance mess is straightened out.

No comments: